Tuesday 12 April 2011

Revitalise Your Hands

During the winter months and in fact throughout the summer as well, I suffer from extremely dry and cracked hands, (which as a lot of you will know is very annoying and actually quite painful at times).

A few months ago I had a particularly bad day and was at a loss about what to do. Normal hand cream wasn't working and they seemed to be getting worse and worse. Nothing I tried was even coming close to helping.

Luckily, I was interning in the Beauty Department of Vogue at the time and happened to mention my problem to them. The wise and wonderful Beauty Director gave me an extremely helpful tip to solve this, so I thought I would share my knowledge and pass it on to all of you.

It is extremely simple and is neither time consuming nor expensive. The trick is to wash your hands with a body scrub every morning before putting on your hand cream. You can use any body scrub, but ultimately, the coarser the scrub, the softer your hands will be.

The reason for using a scrub before hand cream is so that you are getting rid of any tough, dry, dead skin, in order for the hand cream to work its magic on the parts of your skin that need it the most.

So there you have it, a universal way of combating dry hands, from the Beauty Director of Vogue herself.

2 comments:

  1. hey that's really nice i never knew this your advice is helpful thanks :)
    love Debashree

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Problem, glad you liked it and thanks for following.
    I will be regularly updating it, so I hope you'll keep reading it.
    Can I just ask how you came across my blog? As it's interesting to know how people find it!

    ReplyDelete